Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 15 – Tough Weekend

I apologize for not posting over the weekend but it was a difficult weekend. After my disastrous weight gain on Friday (See Day twelve – Big Surprise) I decided I needed to workout harder over the weekend. The problem was that I knew I only had time on Saturday, not Sunday.

I knew this would probably be a tough weekend anyway because this was Easter Sunday and there is a big family dinner to go to. So not only do I only have one day of the weekend to workout, I had a big meal looming. So Saturday I got a great start to the day by having my usual breakfast and running off to the gym. I ran on the treadmill for my traditional 30 minutes then I did something I haven’t done before. Since my wife was working all day I had no need to rush home so I spent more time at the gym. I have a rotation of weight machines I go through after the treadmill. However, the list is broken into two groups: Day One and Day Two. After the treadmill I usually perform either Day One’s list of weight training or Day Two’s list. But Saturday I had plenty of time and energy coupled with the motivation from Friday’s disastrous weight gain to actually go through both Day One and Day Two’s weight training. I felt good and was happy I did it. The rest of the day was filled with some other work and errands.

Later that day when my wife got off work we determined we needed to perform our normal Sunday Trader Joe’s shopping because of our anticipated busy schedule on Easter. When our shopping was done I decided that I felt pretty good so I asked her to drive home and I would meet here there. So I ran nearly the entire 2.5 miles home. I’m glad I did it too! Plus I slept really well that night.

Sunday morning was crazy for me. I normally get up at 6:30 a.m. and get the gym done before church but not this Sunday! My wife had been heading up the Easter Egg Hunt at the church which is next door to a park. I was the guy chosen to get to the park early enough (6:45) to stake out the hunt areas. So there went my normal workout time. Also we attended church as normal. From there we traveled 2+ hours to the family dinner. The most exercise I got for the day was lifting heavy fork loads to my mouth. Then repeat for uncounted repetitions… Of course Dinner wasn’t served until 4 o’clock so there was the obligatory grazing of condiments. I don’t think I overate at the meal but I wonder about the total effect of the day with no exercise; Dinner with appetizers; driving 6 hours.

This morning I got my answer to the net loss/gain question. I am at 212 for a gain of one pound over Friday’s 211. I will continue to push forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment