Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 30 – Fighting Back

Today’s weight-in brought me to 207 pounds. Finally some downward progress. With this one pound loss my daily average goes up to .27 pounds. I am hoping to get my daily average up to .30 pounds a day.

I am trying to keep everything in perspective. I can get distress about losing a measly one pound or I can see that I am only two pounds from my lowest point. I like the look ahead. I see that there is real potential to reach or even beat my lowest mark to-date. That is exciting! If I can break through my lowest point, I can make it through the 200 pound barrier. And if I can do that, then my goal of 185 pounds is totally possible! I am an optimistic person and I know I can make it even if there are bumps along the way, like last week.

At the end of my last post I mentioned that I was going to push myself harder on the treadmill. Well I did it! Yesterday during my mid-day workout break I set up my usual run for 35 minutes with the speed set at “5.0”. Then, with three minutes left, I increased the speed to 6.0 for one minute. And for the last two minutes I pushed the speed to 7.0 to the finish. It felt good (and hard). It was very strenuous and really tested me. I will be on the treadmill again today and hope to push the last three minutes up to 7.0 to finish.

I have not been able to get a mid-day workout break in today but I’m hoping to go right after work. My struggle with an “after work” workout today is that I have an appointment at 7 p.m. tonight. That’s going to be tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment